Friday, May 8, 2009

Mysterious Mr. Cluck

So, I'm in the barn last night doing chores. Peacefully milking goats, when the dogs start making a ruckus. Now Maddy isn't the brightest bulb in the box, but this was some serious barking.

I put down my pail and looked out the barn door. Imagine my surprise to see a ROOSTER!
After much pursuit by dogs and myself involving running, dodging tree branches and jumping over a fence, I cornered him and picked him up.

Only in the country do you find a stray rooster in your yard.
I have 2 neighbors with chickens. I packed Mr. Cluck into a carrier and took him to the neighbors to inquire...
"Pardon me ma'am, is this your rooster?"
1 neighbor was home, and he isn't hers. The other neighbor was away, I'll try later.
Only in the country will you have a stray rooster!




No comments:

Post a Comment